The Healing Power of Gratitude
In these times, where there is more darkness than light, more hate than love, more envy than joy, more greed than compassion, you can be the change that this world needs. Because if we really want to see a change in this world, it has to start with us. Around 3 billion of people live in complete poverty, with no access to the internet and hence disconnect it from the rest of the world. Nevertheless, most of us have the privilege to have a phone that allow us to be connected to the world at all times, sadly we have allowed it to keep us disconnect it from the people that really matter to us, and most importantly we have allowed it to keep us away from our true self. It’s like as days passed by we become more numb to the noise around us that push us further and further from becoming the true version of ourselves. The pleasure and desires that this world provide us had made us completely blind of the world that exist within us. If we would only take a moment to press pause and ask questions, we can find all the answers within us. As Sam Keen says “Nothing shapes our lives so much than the questions we ask”. Unfortunately, our minds are so wrapped up to this belief that we deserve it all, that we forget to be grateful for what we are given every day, good and bad.
Every day we have a new opportunity, a new choice, a clean slate to begin to do something that can completely change the path of our life. When you get to appreciate life and understand how sacred it is, you will always be grateful for the simple fact that you can breath, see, hear, touch and smell everyday you wake up. It is important to remember to embody the feeling of gratitude when you are stating the reasons for what you are grateful for. One way to achieve this is to take your mind back to the moment when you felt grateful about something, so you can bring back that feeling to your daily routing. This may take time to accomplish, but when you practice it more and more it will become more natural. Studies have shown that being grateful from the moment you wake up, it boost your day and productivity level. You also attract more great things into your life, because even if you are grateful to something you don’t have, the universe will make sure you get it one way or another. From my personal experience and based on scientific studies, I would like to share with you the key benefits of GRATITUDE:
1. Improves your well being by 10%, which is the same impact as doubling your income.
2. Helps you build more deeper and meaningful relationships, it makes you kind, friendlier, more social and more helpful to others.
3. Protects you from stress and depressive symptoms, and makes you more likely to offer your support to others
4. Increases optimism, which studies show enhances the cell-mediated immune system (the way our body fights viruses and bacteria. Now I see why I haven’t got sick in a very long time.
How to show GRATITUDE:
1. When you wake up and before you go to bed be grateful for your day, regardless if it was good or bad. There is always something to learn from what did not go as planned.
2. Give out compliments. It can be to your significant other, friend, co-worker or even a stranger.
3. Do small random acts of kindness and SMILE every chance you get.
4. Call the friend you haven’t talked to in a while, and tell her/him how much you appreciate them and how much they mean to you even if you don’t talk to them all the time. You never know what they are going through, and maybe this call can change their day completely. Studies have shown that the person receiving those words of kindness can keep them happy for close to a month.
Because no amount of personal success, financial freedom, or outer trappings of the good life can substitute for the inner fulfillment of sensing an authentic meaning to one’s life, so be grateful and you will receive more abundance in your life.
"When Gratitude becomes an essential foundation in your life, miracles start to appear everywhere"